At Nurture, we intentionally partner with creators whose unique expression of creative talent influences, inspires and informs their lives: as business owners and in their own personal and professional development. We’re inspired by YOU and the work you are doing in this world and would love to tell your story through food!
HOW WE GATHER.
Each monthly dinner highlights a different creative company/artist/initiative where up to 24 guests gather at The Depanneur to share a family-style meal for an intentional evening of connection. Part supper club, part community incubator, part creative salon, our dinners are designed specifically to connect others deliciously with the work you do and with one another. Our founder, Sonja Seiler, designs a custom menu that reflects you and the spirit of your company or creative work through food; associating flavours, textures and meaning, while you imbue the table settings and space with your own aesthetic and styling. Between the main course and dessert, Sonja casually interviews you to explore the story of your creative process and how your company came to be. The rest is magic!
Check out our past collaborators, video and slide show, below, to get a taste!
WHY WE GATHER.
We’re passionate about real talk, real food and real connection. Our dinners introduce different communities to one another and cross-pollinate ideas, inspiration and creativity. We aim to connect people in a way that trades surface-level ‘network-y’ lead acquisition for the warmth, conviviality and authentic fellowship of a shared meal. Our in-depth guest questionnaire asks attendees to include their creative dreams and projects and we create an intentional seating plan that reflects intuitively whom each person might fruitfully connect with.
WHAT YOU PROVIDE
- Attendance at one preliminary in-person meeting (approximately 1hr, or the length of a good cup of coffee) to discuss vision, logistics and inspiration.
- Online engagement and cross-promotion of our event on your social media and other channels.
- A minimum of 6 filled guest spots from your community (we’ll give you a special code to track this at checkout). When you fill the 6 spots, we’ll cover the cost of your personal ticket ($79 value)! If you do not fill the spots, you are responsible for your own ticket.
- Custom design and all materials costs for table styling (three tables of eight guests = 24 guests) that reflects your particular brand or creative aesthetic. This is your opportunity to get creative (flowers, candles, vessels, custom decor props, etc.)! Past collaborators’ budget for this has been approximately $100.
- A small token tangible on-brand gift to place at each place setting. Past gifts have included: handmade screen-printed poetry cards, brass bookmarks, enamel pins, gift certificates to a free class, silk handkerchiefs, custom sewing kits, scrunchies, curated art prints, etc.
- Arrival at the venue (The Depanneur) for 3pm sharp, day of the event.
- Your favourite playlist that represents your brand to play during the dinner.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- One in-person meeting with you to brainstorm menu and styling ideas and go over details.
- Promotion of you, your company, and our event across all active social media platforms, our newsletter and intentional in-person invitations.
- Design, preparation and gorgeous styling of a three course gourmet *VEGETARIAN* menu inspired by the work and spirit of you and your company. Nurture will infuse this menu with intention, using food to tell your brand story and echo its values and spirit. The menu is mindful of ANY dietary restrictions and uses quality ingredients, organic where possible. This menu includes the following: custom house cocktail, hors d’oeuvre, main and two sides, table wine, and dessert.
- We specifically and intentionally seat you next to people we think you’ll connect with.
- We include a 20-30 min interview portion of the evening, between the main course and dessert, where you and your creative journey are featured in detail. We discuss what this entails during our initial meeting.
- Nurture takes care of all venue rental, dishware, food and alcohol-related expenses and incidental marketing costs.
- Fruitful, meaningful connection with incredible creative dinner guests and membership in the Nurture community at large: collaboration, cross-pollination, and all manner of creative partnerships, opportunities and friendships post-dinner.
- Nurture Harvest Table Dinners are a unique opportunity to feed your existing community and nurture new connections in an unconventional, delicious, way.
YOU BECOME PART OF THE NURTURE FAMILY – WE ARE HERE TO UPLIFT YOU, SUPPORT YOU, AND TELL EVERYONE ABOUT YOU!
“Last night was magical. I’ll remember that evening for a long time to come. I feel honored to have been a part of it, and it was such a rare opportunity to get to talk about my work. Also, I just loved hearing about how you thought through the food.”
– Kristiann Boos, collaborator, Nurture x Victory Patterns Harvest Table Dinner
“Your dinner brought me a lot, and I will remember it for a long time. As someone who moved to this city recently, it mattered a lot to be in a place of community, sharing, meaning and love. Love! Your love, for the work you are doing and for all the people you surround yourself with. Your purpose is felt, received, eaten, enjoyed, immensely appreciated. Thank you.”
– Brune Smith, guest, Nurture x With/Out Pretend Harvest Table Dinner
PAST HARVEST TABLE DINNERS GALLERY
“Last night was magical! I had one of the best meals of my life with some of the most interesting people!! If you ever get to experience anything @nurtureretreats puts on, drop everything and make it happen!”
– Tory Woolcot, guest, Nurture x Victory Patterns Harvest Table Dinner